Saturday, November 26, 2011

18 Week Ultrasound!!

It seemed like this day would never come, and here it was (September 29, 2011) !! The day we would find out if we were having a little boy or girl. Chris, My Mom, and I had a shopping trip planned that day after we found out the gender of our child. That day i was seeing my doctors PA because she had an emergency delivery but we figured that wouldnt be a big deal we would still figure out the gender of our baby. Chris and I started becoming more and more excited as the PA (vanessa) starts doing the ultrasound !! Vanessa said everything had looked good on the baby but when she got to the legs they were crossed indian style so she couldnt see between to find out the gender. We were disappointed and she started giggling my tummy trying to get him to move around but unfortunately it never happened. She told us to come in the next week and they will take another peak to see if he/she has moved. So, the next week comes around and i go down to the doctor with one of family friends to get a peak figuring for sure that he/she has moved by than and we would find out the gender of the baby. Well my main doctor was there that day just was busy and i didnt technically have an appointment so Vanessa (my PA) took a peak to find out if we could figure out the sex. Unfortunately, the baby was still in the same position but she thought it was a girl. She Said she would be right back she was going to ask Dr Ortiz what she had thought. After of waiting a few minutes Dr Ortiz comes in and starts looking at the baby and everything seems to look fine until she got to the legs. She said that everything was measuring right but he/she legs didnt look like they were forming correctly and she was going to make an appointment for me to see a fetal specalist that had better equipment and could find out exactly what was wrong. My heart dropped, i couldnt believe it .. all i could say was "are you serious". Dr Ortiz said that the baby was healthy and that it could be a minor problem that could be fixed easily after he was born. I was upset, called my boyfriend to tell him what was going on and just lost it and started bawling thinking what if our child doesnt live? ect. Dr Ortiz and family friends comforted me and told me everything was okay.. i just left the office upset but trying to give myself hope that it was just his legs as long as he is healthy and its fixable it would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment